Business growth, peak seasons, or project deadlines can quickly create a staffing crunch. But your business can beat it with temporary workers.
What are the benefits?
Efficient staffing agencies have a large database of available and effective temporary workers. An agency can quickly find workers with the skills, experience, and knowledge needed to quickly be productive on the assignment. Testing, interviewing, background checks, and references have already been completed by the agency, so workers can be brought onboard faster than with an in-house staffing team.
You have the flexibility of requesting temporary workers for a specific time period. There are clear advantages:
- If you need to shorten or extend the assignment, it can easily be done.
- When the need for more workers decreases, you can avoid layoffs or employee terminations.
- A temp worker expects to be on an assignment for a limited period.
- If a project requires specialized skills your team members don’t have, the need can be filled without a permanent hire.
- You can ask for additional workers if needed.
Avoid Employee Burn Out
Over-worked employees can become less productive, disgruntled, and completely burned out. If your employees are working weekends, nights, or double shifts to keep up with the workload, hiring temporary workers can help in several ways:
- Distribute the workload
- Reduce stress
- Promote a positive work environment
- Retain your permanent employees
- Save money, when assignments are short term
If your preference is for permanent workers, temp-to-hire employment gives you opportunities that you don’t have with direct hires:
- Observe and evaluate an employee’s job performance, work ethic, and skill set
- Decide if you want to hire the employee permanently or end the assignment
- Assess your business needs
- Hire quickly if the workload is consistent
- Ensure the candidate can adapt to the work environment
If temporary employers are hired for a short term, it is less expensive than hiring permanent employees with benefits. The costs of screening, testing, interviewing, and payroll processing are paid by the staffing agency.
Get Access to Talented Temps
Whether you need administrative, call center, financial, healthcare, or human resources professionals, Priority One Staffing can help. We will efficiently provide you with candidates who match your requirements and will help you meet your business goals. Many employers have made us their first choice when requesting temporary workers.